Tuesday, December 9, 2008

So Selfish

Ok so, evidently, a year ago I thought I had it in me to maintain a blog. Then I realized I'm not so sure I have much that's so interesting to post. On a regular basis, that is. Anyway, I began this blog (had a plan, actually) but nothing beyond 2 posts ever materialized due to a major change in my life.

During the past year, though, I took up sewing in earnest and have been thinking about creating a blog as a way to motivate myself and make friends within the sewing community. I've been lurking on quite a few folks' sewing / crafting blogs during that time. It's been really inspiring. In fact, it was the December 8th post on Weekend Crafting that spurred me to repurpose my original blog (this one). I just love the idea behind the three handcrafted items and think it's a great way for me to reintroduce myself to the "blog commitment".

I promise tomorrow to post a review of the last item I attempted from July Burda WOF. Working on the skirt tutorial from the October Burda. Right now, though, I have to shoot over to Reethi's and see if I can get in on one of her sure-to-be-awesome giveaways.

Crossing my fingers!
Rachel

No comments: