Friday, April 10, 2009

Lots of Good Things

Pretty excited about today. I have a lot planned and want to get to as much as possible. First off, the baby has arrived! Hoo-ray! It's a girl and her name is Nealla Rose. So pretty. Haven't been able to see her or "mam" yet. Of course, DB got to see a picture and his words were, "She looks like a baby." *big sigh* I didn't even respond. Anyway, I'm on a mission to make her a Turtle Buddy today. I have some cute girly corduroy and dotted poplin from Bunte Fabrics and I'm thinking they'd be cute for the parts. Right now the poplin is washing. I thought I'd type a quick post before hitting the dryer and then it's off for a swim.

I have found heaven and it's in a little three lane, heated pool in San Francisco. The pool I'd been shlepping to previously took 30 minutes to get to (I'm a public tranport gal), was inside, and recently stalked by an annoying woman who seemingly waited in the hot tub for me to come swim in a free lane. Seriously, the same woman every time bogarts the only available lane! And every time I went - no matter the schedule. You'd think she'd have prunes for appendages. La-la-la-la she's no longer my problem now! The new club might have a smaller pool but you have to RESERVE the lanes. :-P~~~~~~~~~~~ So that was a long way of saying I'm off swim and then it's any one of a number of things.

* need to get some non-iodized salt for dyeing
* scrub tub for test dyeing
* cut linen for curtains
* test dye!!!
* attempt Irish Brown Bread to accompany DB's batch of Irish Beef Stew
* finish baby blanket (um, yeah it's just a little bit that's left)
* sew up turtle buddy!!
* iron skirt linen, cut and mark for skirt

Updates later this weekend. Here's a few photos. On top (or left), DB and his childhood BFF who is visiting in the area. Below (or right), partial installation of the knobs in the kitchen (& a canine profile). Both make me grin. Underneath is a shot of my skirt alterations (2" through hips). More on that later.





Have a fantastic weekend!

Rachel S.

No comments: